Pistachio-Dusted Roast Salmon with a Light Honey Glaze
A fresh Atlantic salmon is gently drizzled with olive oil, lightly coated with a sweet honey and topped with finely crushed pistachios.
10 ounces of fresh Atlantic salmon (a little more than half a pound)*
½ tablespoon olive oil (optional)
1 tablespoon raw honey
⅛ cup pistachios, finely crushed and chopped
Salt and pepper
*To save time, buy the salmon scaled and deboned.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut salmon in half to make two 5-ounce pieces. If salmon has skin still attached, leave it on to lock in extra moisture.
- Gently drizzle olive oil on salmon, leaving an extremely light coat.
- Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Pour honey over salmon halves and gently rub honey into meat using the back of a spoon.
- Spread chopped pistachios over flat surface of plate and place glazed portion of the fish onto the pistachios, generously covering surface.
- Place pistachio-covered salmon into an oven-safe dish or on a cookie sheet lined with foil. Place in heated oven for 10 minutes or until done (shouldn’t take more than 12 minutes max).
- To make sure the salmon is done, gently press surface of fish with a fork. There should be a firm bounce.