Maple Walnut Energy Balls
Need a mid-day energy boost? These easy, no-bake Maple Walnut Energy Balls combine walnuts, oats, dates, maple syrup and are rolled in diced walnuts for added crunch.
2 cups walnuts, plus 1/4 cup for coating
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup Medjool dates, pitted (about 7 dates)
3 tbsp maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat mole sauce and chicken broth on the stove in a large, ovenproof pot or Dutch oven on medium heat.
- Stir until smooth.
- Add chicken wings and stir until wings are coated with sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and transfer to the oven; bake 45 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time.
- Sprinkle with more almonds and serve.