Almond Crusted Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Asparagus
This delicious recipe was created by Chef Laurie Erickson as seen on the Dr. Oz show.
1/2 cup whole almonds, finely chopped
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, preferably pasture raised
1/2 lb fresh asparagus with the ends trimmed
1 large sweet potato
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450° F, and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a small food processor, add the whole almonds and chop fine.
3. Lay a piece of parchment on a flat surface. Sprinkle chopped almonds on top of parchment
4. Lay chicken on top of chopped almonds.
5. Coat each piece of chicken with the mustard and dredge in the almonds.
6. Place coated chicken breasts on parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
7. Lay asparagus next to the chicken breasts.
8. Slice the sweet potato into thin circles and lay next to asparagus.
9. Lightly spray chicken, potatoes and asparagus with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
10. Place cookie sheet in the oven. Bake for 10-13 minutes until chicken feels firm to the touch and is cooked through.