Cranberry Pecan Stuffed Turkey Breasts
For a taste of Thanksgiving without cooking the whole bird, try this savory treat that packs an entire holiday dinner into one dish.
1 (12 ounce) package herb-seasoned bread stuffing mix
2 skinless boneless turkey breasts
1 cup pecans, chopped
2 (8 ounce) packages dried, sweetened cranberries
2 tablespoons olive oil
6 lettuce leaves
1½ cup pecan halves
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
- With a sharp knife, butterfly breasts open to lay flat. Place each breast between two sheets of waxed paper, and flatten with a mallet. Spread the prepared stuffing to within ¼ inch of the edge of each breast. Sprinkle each one with chopped pecans and dried cranberries, reserving some of the cranberries for garnish. Roll up tightly in a jellyroll style, starting with the long end. Tuck in ends, and tie in sections with string, about 4 sections around the middle and one running the length of the roll to secure the ends.
- Heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Carefully brown rolls on all sides.
- Place skillet in oven, uncovered. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 1 hour, or until the internal temperature is at 170°F when taken with a meat thermometer. Do not let these get overly dry.
- Allow rolls to set for 15 minutes before removing string, and slicing into ½ to ¾ inch circles. Leave one roll whole, and slice the other for presentation. Stuffing will be spiraled into meat. Present on your prettiest platter on a bed of curly lettuce, and garnish by sprinkling with the remaining ½ cup pecan halves and the reserved dried cranberries.
Prep Time: 1 Hour
Cook Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
Ready In: 2 Hours 25 Minutes