These Financiers get a distinctive and exotic touch using pistachios and blackberries. Wonderful with coffee or even a side of gelato for dessert.
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup pistachios, shelled
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup egg whites (approximately 4 eggs)
1/2 pint large blackberries
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
2. Meanwhile, in a food processor, grind pistachios with powdered sugar and flour until finely ground but do not go so far as to make a paste. Add egg whites, melted butter and mix. Batter can be used immediately or kept refrigerated for up to 3 days.
3. When ready to bake, butter tiny tart molds or a mini muffin tin and spoon in batter to fill mold 2/3 of the way.
4. Cut blackberries in half, the long way, and place 1/2 on top of the batter cut side down.
5. Bake for approximately 15 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool in molds and gently lift cakes out.